I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Dangerous liaisons

I hate those people who have WLS and then never think about food again. They lie. How the hell can you NOT think about food when all you get is 8 flippin' ounces a meal? And you've got to think about food if you're going to keep yourself properly nourished.

I won't lie. I think about food all the time. Whatever. It's whether or not I EAT it all that time, right? Or whether or not I EAT the foods that I should. Unfortunately, movie popcorn and neon cocktails aren't on my nutritionist's list of recommended foods for proper daily nutrition. And, unfortunately, they're what I've had for dinner (or in addition to dinner) 3 times this week.

I'm treading in dangerous waters. I have a few excuses I could pull out of my ass to justify my eating. But why bother? We all know what they are. I just wish I'd stop eating. Or at least stop caring about eating.

Three months until my 1-year anniversary. By then, I want 30 more pounds gone and no more binging. I don't know which wish is more unrealistic.

2 comments:

Dagny said...

I have had it easy, my interest in food seems to have been pretty well shut off. But I feel good about the perspective I have developed toward food and the strategies I use to think about it. Come back to Chicago for a Sassy Fatty Seminar and we'll all talk about it.

Anonymous said...

They are lying bastards or had a complementary lobotomy thrown in for free; which is exactly what I'm gonna have done if I have my revision.

It's so hard. If a heroin addict had to shoot up everyday but with only enough to give them a taste of the transcendent high; they'd fail miserably. This also applies to alcohol, smoking, lil ceramic poodle figurines and anything else that is considered an addiction. But we're screwed: We have to eat!

I suppose any goal's attainable if ya want it bad enough; however what sort of emotional and mental price are ya gonna pay for pushing yourself to the limit?

This might sound a lil OHish, but I think ya just gotta plug your ears, black out the computer screen and ask yourself: What will make me happy and what can I accept without driving myself insane?

Look at those recent before pics ya posted then at that super cute gal in the mirror. So she still likes food; in my book that's ok and certainly beats out serial killers, NAMBLA and Scientology.

Honestly in my opinion: The less we obsess about food and dieting, the more likely we are to lose weight.