I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What the @(*#&*&?

I'm watching this show on Discovery Health about a 16 year old boy who's having gastric bypass surgery. The narrator says "his doctor has performed dozens of these surgeries." What the heck? That could be 24. That could be 124. Dozens? That's supposed to be reassuring? I suppose if you're getting your surgery for free because your whiny-ass parents called the media because they had insurance issues and couldn't afford the "$80,000" surgery, you'd let anyone rework your innards. And $80,000? Guess I'm lucky because my surgery was around $27,000 total.

Why does this bother me so much? I don't know. Maybe because his mother makes it sound like it's a mystery why the kid's so fat. I think us fatties know. WE EAT. WE EAT A LOT. Personal responsibility, folks. Personal responsibility.

I'll take responsibility for ballooning up to my pre-op weight. Sure, I didn't eat in front of people. Why would I?

God, I feel really mean and hate this stupid show. Why is that? What's pissing me off so much about this?Argh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know, I think they purposely edit those shows to manipulate your emotions.

They suck.