I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Another milestone

I've been flirting with this number for so long, that I could barley talk about it without feeling like I was going to jinx myself. But after five days of consistent readings, I think it's safe to say: I've lost 150 pounds.

I have 5 pounds to go until I could be considered the "normal" weight for a woman my age and height. I have 8.5 pounds to go until I can say I have lost half of my body weight. I have 13 pounds to lose before my BMI would be below "overweight." And I am only 20 pounds above my ulitmate weight goal.

While I'm still scale obsessed and stand on the damn thing a gazillion times a day, it feels more like "checking in" with myself than judging. If it goes up a pound or two, I know it's going to come back down. If it dips a couple pounds, I don't believe it until it's been there several days in a row. I judge my weight better by how my clothes fit than how the scales reads.

Those weightloss goals are out there for me. I could live with not hitting that ultimate goal. I couldn't live with gaining a significant portion of this weight loss back. So for today, I'm celebrating this new milestone just for myself. It's been nobody's goal but my own, so it makes reaching it all that more sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are SO ahead of me. Sometimes I think I should do the surgery, but I know I can beat this on my own. But it doesn't stop me from being jealous of you. :)

Go on wit' yer bad self, girl!