I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Great Advice

I have a hard time getting underwear to fit. I have a small ass and big wad of skin hanging off my belly.

As I've lost weight, it's been a pain in the ass figuring out what size underwear I should buy. I used to just get the biggest size I could find in a granny style. Those stupid charts on packaging labels are no help. It's been a matter of trial and error.

I've gone through several different manufacturers, cuts and sizes to finally find a great pair from Wal-Mart called "The Best Fitting Panty in the World."
I'm a brief kind of gal and these are comfortable with no ass-sag and good fit in the legs. At $2.96 a pair, they're affordable. And, with a nice cotton/lycra blend, they also smooth out the tummy cottage cheese. Thank god.

So today, after months of spending money and stacking up pairs of unworn panties, someone posted this tip on Obesity Help: one rule of thumb is to half your pants size. For example, if you wear a 22 in pants, try an 11 in undies; a 20 in pants, try a 10.

Pay it forward, ladies.



2 comments:

SignGurl said...

I just bought new 'roos yesterday. 2 sizes smaller, yay!!!

I was having the butt sagging problem too. Weird since I've never had that problem.

I ran across this site with very well documented plastic pictures (both before and after).

Melting Mama said...

Those are too "loose" for my jello self. I need much more suck. I likey the price, though.