I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Did I mention I'm going to Paris?

I haven't written about it much, but I leave for Paris in just a couple days. Monday, actually. I'll be gone until the 21st.

Why? Because I'm nearly half the person I used to be. Because my birthday is on Bastille Day. Because I turn 40 this year.

When I was born, my parents lived in a flat above a woman who was a French war bride. She was tickled that I was born on Bastille Day. Plus, my Mom's birthday is on Independence Day. So we've always had this weird thing about our birthdays. And now it's a landmark one for me.

We're staying at The Westin overlooking the Tuileries which has the Louvre on one end and the Place de la Concorde on the other. Right now, I'm most looking forward to a walking tour I found at Eye Prefer Paris Tours.

And I can't wait to check out the cafes, markets, museums, parks, wine, pastries, shops, etc. My head is spinning with the possibilities!

We have all of our packing to do yet before we leave for O'Hare Monday morning. But first, I have lots of recipes to edit for work. Lots of loose ends. Once I get on that plane, though, I'm all about Paris. And life on the other side of four-oh.

3 comments:

Melting Mama said...

...possibilities! Wow! Have fun you crazy kid!

Amazlilith said...

How exciting! You will have to tell us all about it. Happy 40th Birthday!

Danyele said...

Bon Voyage! Can't wait to hear all the fabulous details when you get home - take lots of pics!