I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Scale, back!

My scale is back in the bathroom. It was banished for a couple weeks while we were trying to train our new kitten.
I had been really obsessed with the scale before it was taken out of the room. I'd weigh myself when I got up, after I dressed, before I peed, after I peed, before I drank/ate, after I drank/ate. It was ridiculous--and self-defeating. It was like I never even saw the weight come off because I was so busy watching the tiny ups and downs.
Now it's been back in the bathroom for a few days and I can already see myself falling back into that old routine. I think I weighed myself at least 4 times today! Did it do me any good? No, not really. (Okay, I did discover that I could fart out about .5 lbs in gas.)
I wish my scale was built into my treadmill. If I wanted to step on the scale, I'd have to put the treadmill down, turn it on and walk 30 minutes before the weight would measure.
Maybe I should just head to the treadmill when I want to weigh myself. I need to start exercising. I tell myself I don't do it because my leg feels like it's popping out of my hip and my sciatic nerve bothers me. But it's starting to sound more like an excuse. I see my PCP in a week and half and I know she's going to ask about my exercise routine. How wild would it be to not have to LIE about my level of activity?

1 comment:

Kaye Bailey said...

Hi There - You know, I think it is amusing how we are all slaves to the scale when we are losing and avoid it like the plague when we are gaining! Isn't it nice to be on the downhill slide!

Take care,
Kaye