I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Go ahead, pull me over!


It's finally happened. I now weigh less than my driver's license.
I'm going to go buy some liquor at a Pick-n-Save just so I can get carded. I might even scratch my signature off all my credit cards so I get asked for ID every time I use them.
I just want to hear those magic words, "That doesn't even look like you!" Or, "You'll have to wait a moment, please, Ma'am" as they rush to the backroom to call the police because they think I'm an identity thief. How cool would that be?
To mark this significant victory, I did a ton of shopping this weekend. I took my mom to Schaumburg, Illinois. It's the capitol of consumerism and an easy drive from Milwaukee. I left with 4 sweaters, 2 tank tops, a couple bras, 2 pairs of jeans, a leopard print jacket, 2 blouses and 16 pairs of socks. And yes, the smallest size I bought was an 18/20 that was just about this far [--------------] from closing. I nearly teared up when I realized that the damn thing just about fit. Of course I had to buy it.
Yesterday I wore my sassy new, non-elasticized waist jeans with a sassy magenta T and a sassy sweater. You might say I was sassy. And damn, did I feel great! Today it's back to the old stretch jeans. But not for long.
This last week all my underwear suddenly became too big. So after work yesterday I had to pick up some new things. One puzzling question: why would fat girls want to wear panties that a) let their fat rolls hang out or b) get lost in the fat rolls? Even if I ever weigh 125 pounds, I am not wedging a thong up my ass crack.

4 comments:

Marla said...

I just want to comment on your comment on large gals and their underwear. I totally agree with you. I used to work at a Lane Bryant store. There are many types of underwear that just make you wonder why?
is it gonna get lost? what is gonna hang out, over, get stuck? I always refer to thongs as butt floss. Thanks for the chuckle.

bye said...

I have to say your driver's lic. pic cannot be that same smiling doll holding the sun flowers.

No way.

You ARE sassy!

Dagny said...

I lied worse than you. My license says I weigh 200. HA!

Jenn said...

holy crap! jen, you look amazing!! congrats - I have to say, as a bandster, i'm often a little jealous of the speed of RNY! ;) You're doing great - I can't wait to keep watching your process!
~Jenn