I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Baldy


I've had thinning hair for the past few years. And now my greatest WLS fear is coming true. I'm losing my hair at a rate faster than it's growing back.

I had a feeling it would happen. I've always been susetible to stress-related hair loss and I'm sure my body is reacting to the bad nutrition from months ago.

So I'm using some kind of special shampoo/conditioner/scalp treatment. And I'm planning what scarf/turban/hat I'm going to wear if it gets really bad. There's always the option of borrowing my neices' wigs. I'd be cute as a pinkie, huh?

Oh well. If the worst thing that happens from my WLS is thinner hair for a couple of months, I can deal with it.

3 comments:

Dagny said...

I would go with the pink wig only if you can also get the coordinating jumper.

Christi Nielsen said...

I so want one of those wigs for one of my images!

I have been losing my hair over the past 3 years from stress, but it's from school. Every semester it starts coming out by the handful in the shower when projects are almost due. I'm almost getting panicky about it. I suppose that will be my next thing to bitch about after I lose this weight!

Jenn said...

I've steadily been losing my hair for the past 4 months or so. As I've always had very fine, thin hair, it's not been an enjoyable experience. So, if you find the treatment you're using works for you, please let me know!

Thanks,
Jenn