I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

No pain, no gain

I joined a health club this week. Thought I'd never say those words. It's one of those "women only" places, but this one has more than just a 30-mintue circuit. And the price wa good--$250 for 18 months.

So I went last night for the first time and damn, I'm sore today. Angela, the manager, should me the ropes and walked me through their recommended beginner's work out. A bunch of curls, presses and painful contortions using 5 lb. weights.

Then she had me do some ab crunches and some squats. I thought I was going to collapse from using muscles I've never even been introduced to before. This morning I'm in pretty good shape, though. All things considered. Of course, I'm a little tender. But that sounds like a damn good excuse to not do any work around the house today.

Part of the orientation was weigh-in and measurements. I enver measured myself before surgery, so I have no idea how many inches I've lost. BUt I do think I'm down about 8-10 inches in my waist and 6-8 in my bust. I've got to be if I went from a 32W to 20W. Right? At least I can keep track of it moving forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on joining the health club and for all the inches lost! i wanna join one too as soon as my surgeon clears it.. i am almost a month post-op.