I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Four White Walls


I collect the keys for my studio apartment on Monday. It's not big. But it should be enough for me.

The building is located on the east side of Milwaukee, just around the corner from a great grocery store. How pathetic is that? (I've already scoped out the deli, meat department and what they had for veggies and fruits.)



The place reminds me a lot of the building where my friend Lainey used to live. I spent so much time there, this place should feel like home in no time at all. I better. It's mine for 6 months.

So today I'm off to find a futon. Hopefully at some place that delivers. (I don't want to walk up to the 3rd floor carrying anything over 25 pounds.)

The whole parking permit thing is a pain in the ass. Street parking only. Two kinds of permits. Supposed to change my address at the DMV, but I don't want to do that. I'm afraid that will screw up my insurance. And that's already confusing enough. I'm already confused enough.

3 comments:

Dagny said...

Anyplace that is all yours will be perfect.

Anonymous said...

Baby steps and an hour at a time.

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I hope your new place will be a good change for you. As Dagny said, it's all yours! One day at a time.
Susan