I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Monday, March 27, 2006

"You've lost a lot of weight."

I stopped at the Starbucks on 76th & Layton this morning for my usual grande triple decaf, non-fat, no foam, sugar-free vanilla latte (and a box of African Red Bush tea).

I had the foresight to take in my driver’s license since the card I was going to use to pay for the stuff has my signature worn off because I use it about a gazillion times a day. And the last time I was in, I was asked for my ID.

So…the guy that rang up my order is the same guy that asked for ID last time. And he did again. He looked at my ID. Looked at me. Looked at my ID. Looked at me and said, “You’ve lost a lot of weight. And you look really, really good.”

Damn straight I do! Now this guy started working there about 3 months ago, so he’s never seen my at my highest weight. He’s probably seen me lose only about 25 or 30 pounds.

Here’s the goofy part: I felt like a teenage girl, all flustered and blushing when he told me this. I probably had the biggest grin on my face…and I’m still smiling as I think about it.

Imagine, a perfect stranger telling me that I look good.

2 comments:

floreta said...

i can't lie that compliments from strangers feel good. why, even being hit on.....sometimes.

Anonymous said...

For some reason when we are overweight we think we go through life unnoticed. After having lost so much weight to have someone tell us how great we look is the best! Congratulations!