I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

I'm Back!

Arrived in Milwaukee at 5 p.m. tonight. Long, long day for travel.

Yes, I was on the RCI cruise ship with the gastro-intestinal disease. No, I didn't get sick. But I did suffer through 5 days of puking, obnoxious college kids on spring break, constant handwashing and crappy food. I'm pretty sure I actually lost weight this week. I'll let you know tomorrow.

There were a few highlights to the cruise. The most important one is that I friggin' climbed the rock wall! Yep, I did it! Of course, I waited until the last possible day at the time when the least number of people would be around. Don't believe me? Look for yourself...

Here I am all outfitted in my climbing shoes, XL harnass (I couldn't believe it fit) and my safety helmet.

I told the people manning the wall that I had never done it before and that if I could get both feet off the ground and on a rock I'd be happy.

Soon enough was SEVERAL rocks high. I had this incredible strength in my arms and legs I had never experienced before. My goal was that to reach the mid point where the first bell was.

And I made it! The bell is just below my butt.

I kept trying to reach for that yellow stone that is above my right hand, but after three tries, I couldn't make it, so...



....I floated down, satisfied and amazed that I got so far!


I landed safely and proclaimed victory! You wouldn't believe how much my knees were shaking. I don't think I stopped grinning for 24 hours!

4 comments:

Christi Nielsen said...

Hurray for you! I've never climbed the rock wall, but I have done the ropes course. Great fun and great sense of accomplishment!

M said...

Hi Jen! What a tremendous accomplishment! This is something that I have always wanted to try myself and haven't because I was too fat and out of shape. Congratulations to you!

bye said...

Jen~

You are one tough chick -- look at you climb! I am in awe, really.

Your SF comrade,

KT

Jenn said...

That's so awesome, Jen! Congratulations! I applaud you most for trying as I still sometimes struggle with not wanting to try due to fear I'll fail. Just fantastic!