I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Catching up...

I'm back from D.C. Good trip despite weird hotel stuff, rip-off cab rides and pain in the ass airport lines.

The highlight of the weekend was seeing my friend Judi. We met several years ago online and, although I can't remember when we first met in person, we hit it off right away. This time together, we had plenty of time to relax together and catch up. I got a sneak peek at her latest book, By The Batch. We chatted, watched television, ate delicious food, shopped and just enjoyed each other's company.

For the first time in a very, very long time, I did some creative work. I picked out some funky stamp designs, stamped them on postcards and just colored them in. I know, not much. But it felt like a start after so many months of doing nothing artistic at all. I feel motivated to get back to my studio and finish some of the projects I've been working on for ages.

And speaking of getting back, I'm back to my lowest weight since surgery...even a bit lower. I'm relieved. That was the first time I ever saw the scale go up and not come back down. It's too early for that to happen and I wasn't prepared to see it. Despite the flippant tone of my post, it was actually pretty traumatic for me. For lots of reasons. But it's over. I'm moving on...or down, as the case may be.

2 comments:

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Wow, I have never seen a photo of you as you 'were' either. I cannot believe the difference - it's astounding!

V'ron said...

Impressive photos -- just found this after being linked to/from Does This Font Make Me Look Fat. What is it with all us Milwaukeeans?!?!