I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The road leads back to you...

My final day in Atlanta was wonderful-so much so that I figured it deserved one final post. Wendy and I went out for a tour about Decatur in her vintage VW Beetle.
This is the car her parents drove before Wendy was born--and we're talking nearly 40 years ago. I have to say, it was pretty wild to ride in something so old.

That afternoon we skipped the final Target jaunt and headed to the Atlanta Botanical Garden for an exhibit featuring the art of Niki De Saint Phalle. She created incedible mosaic sculptures and they were scattered about the garden. Some of my favorite, larger than life pieces were these:

All that beautiful glass and stone work inspired me. So after we went to see The DaVinci Code and made it home again, I created my own sculpture:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the skull.

Ok that's a lie: I totally dig the colorful happy fat chicks playin in the water. I want one.

Sarah said...

God, I miss my Beetle. I had a '69 and '74 Super. And I had a '72 Ghia. Damn I loved those cars. *sob*