I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Monday, May 29, 2006

And the heat goes on...

Sunday, a day for rest and relaxation...both in abundance during this Hotlanta vacation. We had a slow start to the day, but we quickly made up for lost time.

First, we headed over to to this place I found online, Urban Tea Party. I was hoping it would be as cool as The Urban Tea Lounge that Dag took me to a few weeks ago. Alas, it was a disappointment in that they had very limited teas, less than friendly environment and jacked up prices for cups o' hot water with leaf juice. And since they steeped and tossed, you didn't get a free warm me up.

Our plan was to next hit a Super Target since they carry my favorite brand of add-to-a-water-bottle mix called Teaology. But we opted instead for a trip to the Decatur square for an arts festival. I was looking for jewelry and didn't really find anything. Wendy was excited to spot her favorite artist, James Dean, and his kooky Pete the Cat.

I was excited to spot a gazillion lesbians. It's been years (at least since living in Madison) since I've been surrounded by so many out women. I didn't realize how much I missed that. I practiced using my newly styled eyebrows and my anughty librarian glasses for flirting. Ha!

We eventually did make it to Super Target after a wonderful dinner with Wendy's mom, Barbara. She is lovely woman who tolerates her daughter and her daughter's friends very well. Truly gracious. The soothing effects of a great dinner and satisfying conversation eased the pain of not finding my favorite Teaology flavor. No fear...there's Monday yet for that treasure hunt.

No comments: