I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Reporting live from Hotlanta

Beginning the second full day of my stay in the balmy state of Georgia. I fluctuate from miserably chilled and uncomfortable to pleasantly warm and relaxed. Having lost a significant amount of insulation, I find I do not tolerate the arctic temps of air conditioning for long. Inside, I shiver. Outside, I bask.

I arrived in Hotlanta at least 12 hours early on Friday--I took my chances and flew standby. (And I had room and time to spare. Proof is in this picture.)










The uncertainty and early morning rising paid off. Better to land at 11:25 a.m. than 10:43 p.m. That gave us plenty of time to stock up on Cocktails by Jenn and plan our weekend. Of course, the limited availability of the red Cosmo cocktail bottle has us on mission. Must have red. Must have red. Must have red. (Must complete the charm collection, actually.)

Saturday we headed out for errand running and a scrumptious meal at The Flying Biscuit Cafe, where I gorged on a slice of Fried Green Tomatoe and a sassy little Black Bean Cake, topped off with four shots of espresso swirled in steamed half & half. Decadent, I know, but truly worth every savory bite. Wendy even let me snag a taste of her biscuit drenched in chicken gravy. 2-die-4! We were both happy campers. And here's the proof:









After lunch, we continued with errands and headed on to the destination of the day: my first facial. Why the hell did wait so long? I was in H-E-A-V-E-N. Just look at the grin on my face. (And wait until you see my freshly waxed brows!)










Today we're making a run to the local Super Target so I can stock up onmy favorite Teaology drinks, then it's off to Wendy's mom's house for dinner. We have a few other tricks up our sleeves...and I'll leave it at that for now.

3 comments:

bye said...

hey there sister,

glad to know you are being pampered. of course i am jealous.

enjoy!

kt

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Hi there,

Your pampering session looks bliss! So relaxing :-)

I hope you continue to have a FAB time!

Anonymous said...

How I long for fried green tomatoes.

Your first facial? Now you're hooked. Once ya find someone you can trust to wax your eyebrows, you'll never let anyone else touch 'em again -- including yourself.