I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Belated Celebration

I was in Des Plaines, IL this Friday for work, so at the end of the day I headed into Chicago for some quality time with my blog siblings, Mark and Katie.

Mark's birthday is the day before mine and Katie surprised us Saturday night with an impromptu birthday celebration after dinner out.

Suddenly, Katie appeared with flaming nipples on a plate, a unique presentation (to say the least) of decadent low-carb gooey chocolate cake.

Mark and I were delighted with our personal slabs of birthday heaven, each one carefully decorated with fresh raspberries. I ate half of the 3" square before the sweetness became too much.

But that wasn't all...we each received touching cards from Mz KT, specially selected for us.

Birthday princess for Mark...


And cutie pie for me.

Could it get any better? YES! Because inside each card was a coupon good for a day at Great America next summer, gastric bypass appropriate food and beverages included!


We were all quite happy to be together again.

The night was young...the day was long...and I need to unpack the digital camera so I can share the brawful experience Mz KT and I had at Nordstroms, as well as the depraved birthday celebration that followed the cake inhalation. Believe me, the pictures will be worth the wait!

4 comments:

bye said...

Hey Sunnyshine!

I can see my beloved Zorita in that picture of my flamin' hooters!

Rock on Z-Bitch!

But um, where be da naughty ones?

(nod nod, wink wink, nuff syed)

hexes and hoes,

KT

ps~ thanks for the scary and
eel-ating time you cheesy thing you. hey, cheesy. . cheesley. . beasley. . heh!

ShirleyValentine said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jen!
I love the pictures and of course you all look just great.
Are you coming to Great America in Cali? LOL I could meet you there as it is only 3 hours from me.
I counting down the days til my surgery and I can't wait to join all the Sassy Fatties on the bench.
Hope you have a good week at work and I hope this post will go through!
Susan

Donna said...

Happy birthday! :)

Danyele said...

Happy birthday Jen - you 3 all lookin so gorgous and everything..