I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Bargain Shopping

I am a bargain shopper. I'm definitely not cheap, but I do love a great deal. And eating healthy definitely can cost a pretty penny. So here are the the websites I visit for some of my favorite post-op/diet products--and good deals. In no particular order:

EAS
I like to have ready-to-drink protein shakes on hand. The AdvantEdge Carb Control drinks have 15 gm of protein, a couple grams of carbs and only 100 calories. Their Coffeehouse Caramel, Mocha and Cappucino flavors aren't too bad. And right now, Caramel and Mocha are available through the site for just $28.76 for a case (24 cans). Register and get them for $25 something a case. I also got free shipping. In the stores, the cheapest I ever find it is 2 4-packs for $10.

DaVinci Gourmet
Before I drank protein shakes for a living, I specialized in kick-ass coffee drinks. And DaVinci makes the best syrups. They have a gazillion sugar-free flavors. I've tried aobut 3/4 of them. My fave is Dulce de Leche. Add the syrup to your favorite beverage and you'll be smiling, too. Try Spiced Chai with IDS' Vanilla Cinnamon protein powder. YEE-UUMMM-MEEEE.

Glenny's
For crunchy treats or sweet snacks, I love the products from Glenny's. Try the Soy Crisps instead of chips. They have a good amount of protein and aren't as high in carbs. And they come in lots of flavors. (I recommend caramel or cheddar.) And for something sweeter, grab their Light N Crispy Bars. Only 60 calories each. Free shipping on anything without the chocolate. Flat, reasonable shipping otherwise.

Sami's Bakery
Thanks to a local store, I fell in love with the Millet & Flax Chips. Excellent source of dietary fiber, low in carbs. I tried the lavash, too. Not bad.

Smart Body Nutrition
This link takes you directly to the only product I order from them: Ostrim Protein Sticks. Yes, made of ostrich meat. But delish. And only 90 calories a stick with around 14 gm of protein. I recommend the teriyaki flavor.

I'm still looking for the very best deals on protein powders. I think you definitely need to shop around a bit for those. Let me know if you find good flavors and great deals. And tell me about other products you love.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ostrich meat is the best! If you can, try to find some ground and make chili with it. Mmmmmmmm-mmmmmm good! And loaded with protein.

SignGurl said...

Hi Jen! I've read your entire archives. I love your honesty. Your writing style is very entertaining. I can't wait to read more.