I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pain in the Pouch

I've never been one to talk about my re-engineered stomach as anything other than a sack of muscle. I don't have a name for it. I don't really tow the bypass party line and call it a tool. It's just there.

But this little thing is a freakin' pain in my side tonight. I feel like I have a baseball lodged underneath my rib cage. It's making alien noises and threatening a revolt. And I can't stop belching. Loud, horrific, 10-year-old boy belches. Satan rising from the nether regions of my innards.

I ate about a half cup of salad, six croutons, two onion slivers, a slice of red pepper and about 1 square inch of steak--over 35 minutes. Not 10 minutes. No liquids either.

Maybe I need some cheese to go with the whine. Urp.

3 comments:

ShirleyValentine said...

Last night was the first time my new pouch made noise. I was laying in bed and it just started roaring and such that I got up and ate 3 wheat thins with peanut butter. No more noise after that. My Dr. was upset with me for not eating anything for fear of dumping. It took me 20 minutes to eat.
I hope your stomach calms down soon!

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Sorry to hear that your having a few problems with your pouch. I hope things settle down for you soon :-)

Mamato2boys said...

Mine sounds like that with just about anything I put in my body. Even plain old room temp water, lol.
Are you usually able to tolerate raw veggies? I hope that I am eventually. I do love my salads. Or, I did.

smooches xx
Ang