I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, September 08, 2006

What I eat...

Danyele asked a question in response to my post below about the nutritionist visit. Do I journal what I eat and what do I eat at 1-year out?

Well, I journal when I feel like I'm slipping and not paying attention to either portion control or overall amount of food consumed during the day. When I journal I use Fitday or Calorie-Count. (Links at right. I'm lazy.)

What I eat varies from day to day, but it generally boils down to this:

Breakfast: Protein shake made with either RTD shake with added protein scoop or fat-free milk and protein scoop.

Beverage: Tassimo latte (2 shots espresso, 1 t-disc)

Snack: yogurt or South Beach cereal bar

Lunch: 2-3 oz. protein, such as chicken, turkey, tuna, shrimp with 2-3 oz. salad or veggie side or unsweetened applesauce.

Snack: 1 piece fruit (apple, peach, nectarine or banana) or baby carrots or zucchini sticks with ranch dressing.
Dinner: 3-4 oz. protein, such as chicken, turkey, fish, shrimp, beef or pork with 2-3 oz veggie side or salad.

Snack: 1-2 oz cheese and 2 crackers or peanut butter and crackers.

Beverage: Tassimo latte (2 shots espresso, 1 t-disc)

PlusÂ…48-64 oz. water or other liquids

I don't generally eat all those snacks. But I do give myself permission to have them if I feel hungry or want to eat. I usually will have a snack in the late afternoon just because if I don't eat, have a tendency to eat too much for dinner.

I don't really count calories, but I think I probably end up around 1200-1500 a day on big days. 900-1100 on normal days.

I try to stay away from processed starches and don't eat bread for the most part because it's evil and leads to eternal damnation--for me at least.

I really need a lot of variety to keep me happy, so I do vary what I eat. I do crave fruits and veggies and will feel yucky if I don't have at least one serving of them a day. I think that, for the most part, I eat a balanced diet that's what most healthy people should eat--just smaller portions. I like that fact that I really can go just about anywhere and find food to make me happy.

2 comments:

Amazlilith said...

Thank you!!! :)

Danyele said...

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this Jen. You're eating a varied, healthy diet with sufficient protein and it doesn't look like you're relying too much on protein shakes. Your diet looks like that of most health-conscious, thin women. I think that's fantastic and you should be proud.