I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Nutrition Facts

I had my 1-year post-op visit with the nutritionist on Thursday. It went very well. She seems to feel that I'm hitting my protein counts, have learned to incorporate fruits and veggies into my diet and am keeping up on calcium. All things she said that she doesn't regularly see people doing at 1-year out, especially the part about having balanced variety in a diet. A+ for me.

Surprisingly, I didn't do my normal pre-appointment starvation diet where I don't eat or drink a thing before a weigh in. I did that for my 1-year surgeon appointment. But not this time. I guess it's starting to sink in that after losing a ton of weight, what's one or two pounds up or down from the lowest?

I left her office feeling pretty good about where I am, but definitely aware of what I need to do over the next year and beyond to maintain the weight loss.

One other thing...she thought I looked good, like I really didn't have anymore weight to lose. Interesting coming from a professional. I must be getting close.

2 comments:

Danyele said...

That's wonderful Jen - just wondering, do you keep food journals? I'm really curious to see what your 1 year out diet looks like.

JUST JEN said...

That's a good question, Danyele. I'll write a new post about that.