I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Blech!


I love food. No doubt about that. And for 37 years I pretty much ate anything and everything. Even post-op I find that sometimes I tolerate slightly substandard tastes just so I can "enjoy" foods that I crave emotionally.

But I do not love this food. Muscle Milk's protein pudding was so utterly disgusting that I didn't even finish one cup. And the three remaining ones? Going to support group with me tomorrow to be given away to desperate protein seekers.

You know those cans of cranberry relish that you open to slide out the contents, perfectly preserved and proudly bearing can grooves? Now imagine pudding like that, only gray. Pudding that taste like swill from weak chocolate milk--a mix of generic chocolate syrup and reconstituted powdered milk--spit back into a glass and left to age for a day two or so.

It wasn't even THAT good. Because it also had an overwhelming tinny tang that tasted like someone stashed a copper penny in the gunk and never took it out.

I've got to stop writing now. Just the thought of the stuff is giving me the dry heaves.

1 comment:

Melting Mama said...

Pudding. No.