I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Family Time

I survived.

Talk about BIG family. And loud. But friendly and fun.

I had a great conversation with Rose's brother's girlfriend, another "outsider". I got a chance to talk to some of the nieces I'd heard so much about. I saw a lot of things that explain why Rose is they way she is. And someone at the house even made a mean pot of coffee. Of course I was going to love them.

Rose is heading back to see the family today. I'm going to either go into Grand Rapids or drive down to Muskegon. (I'm sure I saw a Starbucks there.)

And I need a decent meal. I've been living on cheese, crackers, turkey pepperoni and sun chips. I need green. Or a big piece of meat.

I also need to do a little walking. I popped tylenol all day yesterday to ease the throbbing in my upper body from Friday's early AM workout. Holy crap was I sore. It's a little better today, but I feel like I need to do something to smooth out the pain. There's always wine, but it's a long drive back to Milwaukee tomorrow.

No comments: