I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

No Limit Pork

I'm back from a quick trip to Atlanta. Down south, those folks know barbecue. And all around the Atlanta area, you'll see Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q restaurants. This weekend, they all sported marquee signs that read: NO LIMIT PORK $7.99. It cracks me up. Sliced or Pulled. No limit pork. Not all you can eat or care to eat or even unlimited. No limit pork.

Speaking of limits, I bought a new book that I'm eager to finish reading and then review. "The Rules of Normal Eating" by Karen Koenig sounds cliche, but a few pages into it, a light bulb went on for me. I realized that I have never understand normal because no one ever explained it to me. I've got a lot to think about on this topic, but I'll report back.

I spent time in Atlanta with my friend who's considering RNY gastric bypass surgery. In order to give her the space and privacy she deserves, I don't want to divulge too much. But we actually spent some time together in a therapist's office discussing issues related to the surgery. And I walked out with insights of my own. More to come on that, as well.

Thanks for all the emails about my last post. I love fan (and hate) mail. Send it all. Link under my video at right.

1 comment:

Dagny said...

OH MY GOD I USED TO LOVE SONNY'S!!! They're all over Florida. My family would get dinner there all the time. Pitchers of sweet tea, slices of white bread, and awesome BBQ like you just don't find up here.

What a flashback....