I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, May 18, 2007

No pain, no gain

Ah, my muscles ache. Wednesday night we worked the upper body and this morning I really feel it. My pecs are tingling, that muscle running down the back of my upper arm is singing and my shoulders have a warm burn a brewin'. God, I love the feeling!

Seriously, I do. This is a whole new phase in body awareness for me. It took me so long to get in touch with my body as a whole in those early stages post-op. Now it's like I'm getting to know each individual part. Hello, Ms. Tricep, it's nice to feel you kick my ass.

Just like I marveled at how the outside of my body was changing, I'm amazed at what's going on beneath the skin. Hey, it's only been a week, so there's really no outward sign of growing lean muscle. But I'm loving feeling them at work. It's a new level of control for me. And I'm all about control.

No comments: