I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Smaller girl in a bigger city

Thank god I lost all that weight and now don't have to lug a fat ass around the big city.


Last night we walked many blocks--first to AJ Maxwell's for seafood, then back over to the Al Hirschfield Theatre for a performance of Curtains starring David Hyde Pierce. A so-so meal of salmon with a very mild horseradish sauce. A delightful, entertaining performance.

Today, over to the convention center for BEA. It was exciting to see the booth displaying both The Taste of Home Cookbook and The Taste of Home Baking Book. And people knowing who we are.

I did a lot more walking in the under-air-conditioned building, picking up a million pounds of books, standing in lines for autographs, and eating this incredible cheesecake. The slice was larger than the 6" plate it was served on. And it was at least 2" thick. How much did I eat? Too much...and not nearlya s much as I wanted to. Less than a quarter. But it was the first food I ate for the day (at 11 a.m.) All I wanted to do was puke. I felt drunk from the sugar rush.
After calming down and guzzling some water, I walked the floor, looking for books that I might be able to review in this blog. Found some good ones.
Tonight we're off for dinner. I might do more walking afterward. I'm on the corner of Broadway and 48th, so there's lots to see. And my skinny ass can zip through the crowds like I never imagined.

No comments: