I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

A warm welcome from the scale

I'm back in Milwaukee, as of 4 p.m. CST Wednesday. And according to my scale at 5:05 a.m. CST today, I am down 3 pounds. It must have been all that walking!

I wish I had a pedometer with me the last few days in NYC. Between museum strolls (that's me in front of the Met), jaunts up and down Broadway, a walk to the NBC studios and exploring the upper east side, I swear I walked 20 miles. Okay, maybe not 20 miles...but I could have if I wanted to!

My greatest motivation for walking? Starbucks on every flippin' corner! My friend Steven, with whom I stayed for the last days of my trip, lived around the corner from this SBUX on York between 80th and 81st. I enjoyed a few mornings listening to the locals live their lives...on their cell phones. I have a great photo of one woman and a snarky comment to go with it, but I'm afraid I'd really screw up my karma if I posted it.
Anyway, I'm home. I have some things to write about. But not this morning. I had a marvelous time, but it's good to be home again.

No comments: