I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I ain't no Mr. Rourke

That scale loss of 5 pounds? FANTASY!

I'm back at 169. I'd love to think that I've gained 5 pounds of lean muscle mass in a week...but I'm sure that's not the case.

It was a nice experiment. And if WW benefited from me slurping on protein shakes with her for a long weekend, then I guess it was a success. I also suppose that since I've made myself more aware of what I'm eating, it did bring me down to reality a bit. Of course, I'm very much aware that I ate 4 popcorn cakes last night...but it didn't really stop me from doing it.

Then again, normal eaters will eat 4 popcorn cakes and not beat themselves up over it. Normal eaters would just stop at 4, not eat the whole friggin' bag. Maybe I'm becoming more of a normal eater than I give myself credit for.

No comments: