I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Turning 40 a la Paris

Since Paris is 7 hours ahead of local Milwaukee time, I realized that I just lost 7 hours off my 39th year. Nothing like jumping into the big FOUR-OH a litle early. Really, I don't mind.

So. Happy Birthday to me! Or, as the Parisians say, Joyeux Anniversaire! It is 12:001 a.m. local time in Paris and that means it's my birthday.


It has been a fantastic week this side of the Altantic. Even the near-missed connection in Heathrow, the taxi collision on the way to the hotel and the 40 hours lost luggage didn't dampen the euphoria of a first-class upgrade on British Airways, a room with a view overlooking the Rue de Rivoli athe Eiffel Tower and the complimentary bottle of wine from the hotel and the gorgeous flowers from WW delivered to my room. And the days of endless walking, beautiful sites, lucious foods, divine wine and the euphoria of being in this city at this moment in my life leaves me nearly speechless.

But a few things for you to ponder...why is it that in Paris that a double espresso is cheaper at a Starbucks than at a cafe? And why don't we have sex shops next to the SBUX in the states? How come Parisians are so polite...yet the image of them we have stateside borders on snobbish? Why didn't I take French in high school? And how come macaroons don't make me dump? (Thank god for small favors.)

So back to my birthday plans. Petit de jeneur at Cafe Marly at the Louvre, then a tour through the museum. Late afternoon at l'Orangerie with a viewing of Monet's Water Lilies. Dinner at Gourmand. Fireworks from my hotel room window. I couldn't ask for anything more. If this is what 0 is like, I can only imagine how great 50 will be!

Bon Jour!

6 comments:

Danyele said...

C'est fantastique!

slgough said...

Oh my gosh I'm so jealous!!! Happy Birthday and have a great time!!! Lots of pictures please!

Donna said...

And here I thought my plans to turn 40 in Vegas were cool! I would love to be in France as the Tour de France comes down the Champs d'Elysées!

Michelle said...

Magnificient!

Amazlilith said...

Happy Birthday and I can wait to hear all about your trip....

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Looking forward to more comments on Paris. I really would like to check out more of your friend's sites but somehow I couldn't seem to get into the network. You can reach me through Bariatric Girl.

Thanks
Citykitty