I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

8 Obscure Things @ Me (Because Beth SUX)

Damn her, Melting Mama!

I've been tagged and forced to tell you 8 obscure things about me. Don't laugh. You're next.

The Rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.
5. 8 is a magic number. Not three.

Here goes...more than you really want to or need to know about me:

1. I stopped going to high school my senior year. I graduated, but I didn't finish my last quarter because I was screwed up, tormented and ready to off myself. So they let me graduate without finishing. And I still went to college.

2. While in college, I worked summers for various temp agencies and my best job was sniffing polluted air to give feedback on the smell of toxins. 'Splains a lot, doesn't it?

3. I cry at parades.

4. I knew my great-great grandmother, who died when I was 10. I called her Little Grandma and she knit me a red cape and gave me oranges. She was among the two great-grandmothers, great-grandfather, two grandmothers and two grandfathers I've had relationships with. None of them died until after Little Grandma. And I still have a grandmother (80) and grandfather (87) living.

5. I used to poop in the bath tab when I was a kid. But I haven't done that for a couple years now.

6. The one thing that will keep me awake at night is worrying about finances when something doesn't "add up"...like when I'm getting ripped off by a company...blamed for someone else's bad credit...screwed by late charges, etc. I think about it at the expense of all else. It will ruin my day. It will make me unapproachable by anyone. Once it's resolved, I become human again. And I am relentless until it is resolved.

7. I was briefly engaged to a guy when I was 19. He beat me up. I dumped his ass, got him sent back to jail on a progbation violation and turned gay. (Ok, so maybe I didn't turn gay because of him, but it sure helped me make up my mind.)

8. I like to pick my toe nails and study them before I throw them away.

Whew...that wasn't so much fun. I'm passing the baton to: TEL, LINS, DANYELE, RICHARD, MICHELLE, KAREN, TWEETER, WONDER WENDY. Get to it!

No comments: