I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Next step: 8/30/07

What a crappy week it was. I really had some serious body image issues going on last week. Major issues. Enough to make me want to slice off the extra skin myself. And that, I hear, isn't recommended.

So I called and set up an initial consultation with a local plastic surgeon. My goal is to have reconstructive surgery next spring so that it fits into my work schedule and avoids the busy season. If I can last that long.

I'm going to try to avoid all the disgusting aspects of why I need this surgery. And don't come back looking for pictures of my rotting pannus, dripping boobs or flapping arms. Ain't gonna happen. Suffice it to say, none of it is pretty.

And now it's all becoming more painful. I suffered through much of the weekend with excruciating back pain. I think it's because my planks and Russian twists in my workouts are stressing out the muscles when they swing the skin back and forth. I'll revisit that with the trainer tonight.

Anyway...I at least feel better knowing I've taken a step in the next direction.

No comments: