I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Friend or Foe?

I'm still here. Thanks for the emails and the phone calls.

Yesterday's eating was extremely controlled. I also cut back on caffeine. No soda (which I started drinking again on a very limited basis). My work-out was ok. I didn't drink.

I did force myself to not go home until later in the evenin,g and then I went to bed very early, just to avoid food/drink temptations.

I'm sure I've also now reached that point where the euphoria of weight loss surgery and its results has worn off. Back to reality.

I don't necessarily believe this rigid control is any better than reckless abandon. Both have the focus on food and its place in my life. I knew that I would always have to deal with food. I just don't want to be a serial dieter like I was before surgery. I want food to co-exist peacefully with me and be something I need for nutrition, not a friend or an enemy.

No comments: