I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Moderation

I am a person of extremes. Read through the archives and you'll quickly see that. Gray areas in my life freak me out, so I think I push hard in any direction just so I'm not in the middle.

Point in case: I eat too much and get super fat. I have a radical surgery to completely stop my ability to consume voraciously. I lose huge amounts of weight. In just two years.

It can be a good thing, this need to be black or white. It does move me to action. I make decisions quickly. But I think it could cause me problems, too. Excess is almost second nature to me. That's scary.

Where's all this coming from? My horoscope for today, courtesy of the NY Post:

September 5, 2007 -- Moderation is a must today, especially if you are one of those Cancerians who find it hard to stop when they find something they like, no matter how potentially harmful it may be. If a family member counsels caution it's not because they're a killjoy, it's because they just don't want to see you get hurt.

It's like Sally Brompton wrote that just for me. Maybe I do need more moderation in my life. Not just today. Every day. And not just with food. People, work. Money, wine. Expectations. I need to think on this.

No comments: