I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

We interrupt this programming to bring you a special message from Jen

I transitioned today from inpatient to the intensive partial-hospitalization program at Rogers Memorial Hospital.

I feel like my world is spinning, but in a good way. Like I actually jumped on and know which way it's turning. Still feeling a little like I don't have that tight of a grip and could fall off. But riding along as best I can.

Major, major changes in my life. I need to let them settle a bit before I can write here. But I've returned to my paper journals and am learning to slow my life down enough to actually write long hand, enjoying the sweep of my hand across the paper and the weight of the pen in the cradle of my thumb. This is good.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful, encouraging messages. When I logged on last night and read them, I just sobbed. You have no idea how much it all means to me...and how much I've really needed it.

No regular posts for a while. And when they return, the focus might be a bit different. But so am I. Already.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

take care of yourself jennifer,i am here for you when you are ready.do what is best for you.i love you.

Anonymous said...

An anonymous reader delurking to wish you well, and also to ask a (hopefully not too impertinent) question ... am I crazy, or was your "before" picture gone for awhile, and now it's posted once again?

Danyele said...

It's so good to hear from you Jen - take things at your pace. When you're ready to share..whatever it is.. we'll be here to listen. ((hugs))

JUST JEN said...

Anonymous...yes, I had taken down my picture because I hated seeing that person. But I realize that it helps give me perspective and reminds me that I am NOT that person, nor do I resemble her in body. If I lose sight of that I think I might lose sight of me as I am now.