I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tu es Day

I ache with the rawness of my emotions. I have never before in my life felt more vulnerable, more fragile, more terrified than I have these last few days.

But I let the emotions come. In quiet gasps, pensive pauses, roaring sobs, screaming, cursing, crying. There's no stopping them: sadness, anger, shame, fear, loneliness. My safety comes from a circle of strangers, long distance phone calls.

I am choosing this, I remind myself.

Today I feel small. Dwarfed by my eating disorder. But not defenseless, I remind myself, too. It is so much bigger, so much more insidious than I thought. Often I can't even tell if the voice I hear in my head is my authentic self or my eating disorder.

Tonight I let them talk, chat back and forth. Banter. I'll step out of their way. For the next few hours, I don't care. I can't care.

No comments: