I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Morning Chores

I thought it was going to rain today. But it hasn't started yet. So to work out the sleeping pill hangover from last night, I threw on some clothes and went for a walk around the neighborhood. When I came back, I started raking in the yard. Yard chores were not my forte and I have no idea what's been planted in the dirt out there. So if it looked dead, it's gone.

Now, three hours later, my body is tingling, my muscles are burning and I realize that I spent a productive morning. I felt great to connect to the outdoors, diverting my attention from the head to the hands. I actually feel like I accomplished something. And still have half a day to go before my evening meeting.

Yesterday was a weird one for me. So today's practicality is a relief. Welcomed. Enjoyed. To be celebrated.

No comments: