I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Why it's ok to be unemployed today...

The weather is nice. I put the cushions on my deck chairs. I am blogging from the backyard. If the rain holds off, I might build a fire tonight in the pit. I like burning things.

I struggle with filling my day with productive things. I'm not quite ready to jump into the work-search fray. Most of my social contacts were people I worked with. The kid I mentor doesn't get out of school until 4. My therapist recommended some kind of service work. I agree it would be a good thing. Does bagging 150 packages of baby carrots for Sunday lunch count?

I've taken to walking my yard, picking up debris, watching the green things poke through. It passes time. I could end up quite domesticated. Scary.

2 comments:

michael munson said...

heh... I have a bunch of things you could do for "service work" should you be so inclined! :-) I plan on making MANY HUNDRED (if not a thousand) buttons for the June festival weekend. Want to help?

Unknown said...

walking through the yard and looking at green things! There's hope there! there are things happening outside of the E.D.