I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Transformation

A current major life theme for me, confirmed and acknowledged during my recent Sedona retreat, is TRANSFORMATION.

Well, duh. What have the last three years been about? Okay, I'll give the universe that. But this recent state has felt bigger than that. It's an internal shift. One that lets me feel like I fill the expanse of the sky and, given the opportunity, would fly out of this universe on the tail of a clear night's star.

You chuckle. I know I can be melodramatic. But that's not the case. It's where I am...moving, shifting. Shedding the old. Just like the gorgeous rattle snake that came to the edge of my path on my way through Fay Canyon. It moved to the middle of the red, sandy trail. Looked me in the eye. And moved on. I felt honored. Never frightened. And this "dangerous" creature seemed like the most welcomed gift. His diamond skin of green and black shimmered as he swept over the ground. Have you ever heard a snake move? It was like the faintest breeze rustling through leaves. He gave me permission to go on. Change as I need to. Shed the old.

I was blessed to also cross paths with amazing healers...wise men and women who shared with me insights that I know were lodged deep in my brain and heart. But their subtle, safe, nurturing prodding brought them forth. And their stories: struggles of their own with addictions, eating, doubt. They inspired me. Offered new perspectives. Refreshened hope.

Every day was like receiving a simple tool to stash in my bag, to use as I want or must. By the end of the week, my bag bulged with possibilities. But, amazingly, it seemed to grow lighter with each new tool. Or maybe that was the burden I'd placed my own shoulders.

Either way.

Here I stand. Rooted firmly on Wisconsin soil. Last night's sun set over the golden mountain arches of McDonalds, sung to sleep by zooming cars and thumping bass from stereos. Still, the same sun that shone on me a thousand miles away. The same sun that set on you wherever you are. Do you see the joy in that? Maybe that means a little of my inner peace can reach all of you, wherever you are physically, emotionally. To my Iowa reader who wrote yesterday, I especially send warm rays. And to my NYC love, the same to you and to those around you who need it.

Laugh if you must. I choose to chuckle with joy.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I am so glad to read that your retreat was all it should be. I'm excited to see you remain open to all the possibilities this experience may bring your way.