I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

2 months down, 20+ years to go

Today is my 2-month anniversary of my WLS. Here's what's different:

GOOD

  • I weigh @55 lbs. less
  • I'm wearing clothes at least 2 sizes smaller
  • I can walk from the far end of the parking lot to my office at work without panting
  • My rings are sliding and sometimes falling off
  • I snore less and sleep better
  • I don't take meds for my high blood pressure or diabetes anymore
  • I don't have constant heart burn
  • I save about $75 a week on restaurant bills
  • I can sit in an airplane seat without an extender
  • I fit into restaurant booths
  • I don't get bruises from the armrests in theatres
  • I have a bigger lap for my kittens to sleep in

BAD

  • My skin is very dry, almost painfully so
  • I burp like a guy--all the time
  • Sometimes my intestinal gurgles keep me from falling asleep
  • I feel like my emotions are out of control
  • I second-guess people's good intentions toward me

So all in all, the good far, far, FAR outweighs the bad. I told someone tonight that I would do it all again in a heartbeat. And I really would. I don't even know if I'd do anything different. Well, I probably wouldn't buy the crap load of protein mixes that I "just had to have."

Life's good right now. No complications, no dumping, no regrets. I hope th enext few decades of my life go just as well.

3 comments:

Kaye Bailey said...

Nice assessment! You are wise to evaluate honestly the good and bad as you travel your journey!

Happy Anniversary!

Kaye

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am 11 months out from my WLS and I just thought I would mention that I have been taking Omega 3 vitamins to combat the dry skin and dull hair problems. It has definitely helped, but you should probably check with your surgeon's office before starting anything like that.

I enjoy reading your posts - Happy Anniversary!

Terry

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your very successful anniversary! I am 6 weeks out and have been taking fish oil and flaxseed oil every day and have not had dry skin. I also heard it helps the skin go back to where it belongs and avoid TT later on... but that might be an WLS urban legend.

Congratulations!!