I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Mincemeat

Eight weeks ago I had laproscopic RNY gastric bypass surgery. They chopped off the big stomach, made a new little pouch and rewired the thing to another part of my intestines.

I wonder what my old stomach is doing. Sometimes I think I feel it in there, aching a bit, probably wondering what the hell just happened. It kind of makes me feel like I have an identical twin inside of me, like when you read about people who discover that a tumor is actually deformed embryo all wadded up and twisted inside.

1 comment:

jules said...

Ouchie...that looks painful!