I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Food for Thought

QUICK! Point your browser in the direction of the Light & Tasty Recipe Finder

This great new recipe finder has some awesome search capabilities. For example, I can call up recipes that are lower in carbs, higher in protein, lower in fat and are diabetic friendly. You can also search by how many grams of protein you want, how many calories per serving, etc. If you use the advanced search, you can put in the ingredients you have on hand and it gives you recipes you can make. And you can tell it how many servings you need.

The recipes come from a few different cooking magazines, including Taste of Home, Quick Cooking and Cooking for 2, in addition to Light & Tasty. You might have heard of the magazines...they don't carry any advertising.

If you sign up for FREE (basically, just give them your email) you can save your searches, make a shopping list, create your own recipe box and also access their contest recipes.

I think what I like best about this site compared to other recipe sites like All Recipes is that ALL of the recipes at Light & Tasty have actually been prepared and tasted by people (including dietitians) in the their test kitchens. Some recipe sites are basically crapshoots when it comes to what's on them. You never know if they'll turn out.

Oh, one other thing: they have makeover recipes. I know this is a regular feature in the magazine, but you can actually see what the "fat girl" recipe is before and how their test kitchen made it "skinny".

Check out my favorite recipe: Maple Salmon When I made it, I didn't do the couscous. And instead of regular maple syrup, I used sugar-free. And I used the fresh minced garlic you buy in the store instead of a garlic clove. It was awesome!

Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Dagny said...

What if all I have on hand are ketchup, canned peaches, and flax? What can I make with that?

JUST JEN said...

It's the flax that's going to do you in. But with ketchup and peaches, you're just 2 more ingredients away from bacon-wrapped water chestnuts.
Smart ass.

Dagny said...

My ass is smarter than a lot of people that's for sure!

Christi Nielsen said...

Thanks for the info. Love your blog!!! You made me laugh. :-)