I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Ketchup

Since my exercise marathon on Wednesday and my night of no sleep, I've been playing catch up. On Friday morning I attempted a treadmill walk and lasted about 2 minutes before my legs screamed in agony. I just got on a bit ago and did .25 miles, which was a lot better. Obviously, I need to work into the whole exercise routine. As long as I keep trying and don't just let the treadmill gather dust.

I went out shopping by myself yesterday. I fit into a size 24 jeans with a low-cut rise and a regular waistband. Did I buy them (or anything)? No. There's now way I'm going to wear jeans that barely reach my belly button--and that's even when my belly button hangs 6 inches lower than the average person's. Who the hell thinks of these fashion things? The pants feel like they are going to slide off. And if you pull them to a point where you feel like your butt crack won't show, you get a major grundy.

Here's another thing that really irked me: why does the denim ahve to look like you just got done rubbing the fabric with dirt? I hate that grungy, pulled from the bottom of the laundry pile look. And it really iritates me that now that I can pretty much walk into a Wal-mart or Target to buy clothes, the only clothes that they carry are like thrift store rejects.

I also tried on bras. None of mine really fit that well anymore. And a bra's not like a t-shirt. It's kind of hard to wear them too big. I have never worn an underwire because my fat rolls just made it too uncomfortable. So I decided to find one and try it. Sad, sad, sad. My boobs have shrunk enough that any bra I could find that fit the girth did not fit the girls. Let's just say that my boobs now permanently resemble what they look like in the mamogram machine. And that Hallmark chick named Maxine, she ain't got nothing on my low-flying chest.

On a lighter note, my closet is emptying out. I pulled another 8 tops from the rack to add to the 5 boxes of clothes I've already yanked. I'm definitely not going back to those clothes. I have, however, yet to throw out any jeans. That's going to be a long-time coming--at least until the fashion world comes to its senses.

No comments: