I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Open the flood gates and let the food in!


What a crappy food day. From the moment I woke up, I've been thinking about food. Every kind of food. When I can eat. How much I can eat. Wondering what would happen if I eat a scone or a candy bar.

I started out with the best intentions. I drank about 6 ounces of water when I got up. I suck at getting in water. Drinking sucks. If I'm not thirsty, I do not want to drink.

For breakfast I had a South Beach Cereal Bar. Maple Nut. Yum. Then I had a cup of wretched, disgusting decaf coffee. Well, I was going to have a cup. But it was so nasty I tossed it. I miss caffeinated coffee. Decaf tastes like someone sprinkled hot water with used grounds. I used to roast my own beans. I still have about 10 pounds of green beans. But they aren't decaf. I could buy some, but will they taste even half as good as regular? Probably not.

So by mid morning I decided I wanted a snack. I wasn't hungry, just wanted to crunch. So I had some flat wheat cracker thing. 2 of them. And a slice of cheese.

Then we went to lunch at our friend's gallery. Had a crab cake. 3 oz. Tasted Rose's scrambled eggs, tasted her cantaloupe, tasted a corner of her cinnamon coconut scone. I WANTED MORE!

When we got home, I started in on the water again. Slow going. Then a couple hours later I ate the rest of my fake pumpkin pie pudding. And at that point, I could have opened the fridge and shoveled every last damn bit of food in my mouth. So I left the house.

Obviously, I'm back home again. But I'm heading up to my art room. Yep, there's a refrigerator up there. But it only has a couple bottles of water and a quart of 6-week-old grape koolaid. Busy hands. That's what I need.

I hate the weekends and the lack of structure for me. The work week with its meetings and projects and BS keep my mind away from food. I focus on what I should focus on. I guess I'm glad tomorrow's Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am having a very hard time curbing my eating when at home. Today I had to stay away from work because I need to wait for a delivery and I am going crazy. Whoever said WLS is the easy way out?