I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Friday, January 20, 2006

I sold 2 pounds!

The scale moved and the extra pounds are gone...plus 2 more.. Hallelujah!

I also think I've got the munchies closer to being under control. I started to really think about what I wanted to put in my mouth every time I reached for something. And I limited what I had available to me. My weekday snacks became protein shakes instead of solid food. In the evenings, I removed myself from in front of the TV where I'd be most likely to want to eat and kept myself busy with other things.

This week I went to the health club on Monday and Wednesday and I'll go back tomorrow. I can't believe I'm actually following through on it.

My Dad and I were chatting last night and his goal is to exercise more, too. We decided to check in with each other every week to see how we're doing. Of all the people in my family, my dad is the one person that has never made an issue about my weight, never brought it up, never offered me a bribe to lose it, etc. So talking to him about exercising feels so less stressful or judgmental than if it was one of my brothers or my mother.. He's a good guy.

Thanks to everyone for your comments of support. If you want to buy a pound of my hot fat, let me know. The quicker it goes, the better.

3 comments:

Dagny said...

Here's how I psyche myself out. When I think about eating something, like when I've been at parties and I'm surrounded by food, I think about if I'm really hungry or not. Of course I'm NOT. JUST SAY NO!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on losing the 2 pounds :)

Kaye Bailey said...

Jen - -
Great job busting the plateau. You said a key thing in limiting what is available. I've found if it (xyz) is in the house, at my office, I will eat it. So don't have it there. If it is not good for a WLS it probably isn't good for the people I care about.

Great post! I always enjoy your blog.