I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The People Have Spoken

I woke up early this morning in anticipation of the 8 a.m. deadline for my poll. What would it be? Shopping? Movies? Social withdrawal?

I was cheering for the social withdrawal and had actually cast my own vote for it. (Even W got to vote for himself.)

But as fate would have it, I must now shop. Oh, the torture.

I actually did do some shopping yesterday and snagged myself a swimsuit (shudder) for an upcoming cruise, some casual tops, 2 pairs of dress slacks for work and...my very first little black dress! Why yes, that slinky black sheath is a size XL (18-20 Lands' End MISSES!), thanks for asking.

I will, however, force myself to go shopping again. Maybe this time for some strappy black shoes. I had a few other non-clothing items on my shopping list, but I took care of those yesterday, too. Shoes. It's shoes, I swear.

If you enjoyed altering the course of my life, why not play social scientist with Craig! This poor guy needs help with Valentine's Day and is hosting a contest of his own on his site: www.renewedreflections.com. Give the man a hand. I'd say you could be a winner...but I'm going to win. Sorry you're going to miss out on that $50 gift certificate. I need it for my credit card bill.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Idea is AWESOME the competition is really heating up..(so to speak). If I pick your idea, I really have some scramblin' to do..... Thanks you so much....

Craig

Dagny said...

Uh oh. Looks like you didn't get the prize. Will you use the balloon idea yourself?

JUST JEN said...

Nope, I had other plans. We've been together way too long to do something so romantic.