I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

1982

As best I can remember, the last time I weighed 198 pounds was most likely in 1982. I would have been a freshman in high school. Fourteen years old.

But I stepped on the scale this morning after a week of scale abstinence and the little electronic reading flashed a solid 198. Not 198.5 or even 198.1. Just 198.

I've lost 119 pounds since August. I can hardly believe it.

Sitting across the table from me is my best friend, way back from the college years. She's seen me at most of my sizes since the age of 20. There's not another peson I'd want to share this with. I trust no one more than Wendy to let me have this moment without prejudgement or expectation, without jealously or disdain. She gives me room to feel safe, sane. She lets me be 198 pounds and be me. I love this woman.

1 comment:

bye said...

This is a huge deal, Jen. I am happy for you that you're able to be with someone you know and trust so well.

I'm looking forward to hanging out next week.

Your pal,

Katie