I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother Lode Weekend

Had a great visit with the "original sassy sisters" this weekend. Made it home late Saturday afternoon and went to dinner. The planned movie was sidelined. I got a little knitting in instead.

Headed up to see my mom and grandma on Sunday. This is the first picture I've had taken with both of them since I don't know when. My Grandma Toots has been sporting the same hairdo since before I was born. Yes, I turn 39 this summer. My mom, bless her soul, has been styling it that long, too. Just in case, you're wondering...yes, those are my collarbones and no,I am not doing anything to make them stick out.

I'm nearing a new goal weight for myself. I'm now just 2 or so pounds away from what I weighed in this picture in April 1981. In the photo, from the front, left to right, are: my grandmother (dad's mom), me, my great-grandmother (my grandfather's mother). Behind her is my Grandma Toots, my mom's mother, and my Grandpa Wally, my mom's dad (son of the great-grandma in the front) and then my great-grandmother, who is Grandma Toot's mom.
How cool is that? My three other grandmother's in this photo are dead--they all died in the '90s.

5 comments:

Dagny said...

Knitting? Not visiting sick children in the hospital?

Kaye Bailey said...

YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!

bye said...

knit one, pearl(necklace)two

Anonymous said...

i feel left out!

Anonymous said...

You look great. As for your Grandma Toots' hair, thanks for providing the '81 picture. I definitely believe in not fixing something if it ain't broke.