I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Resurrected and Ready to Rumble

I feel like I'm coming back from the dead. Kind of.

It's another busy week in this Sassy Sister's life. Lots of work (review time and loads of deadlines), lots of meetings, lots of training new employees, lots of traveling, lots of new clothes (thanks, mom), lots of carbohydrates, lots of blah, blah, blah.

My mom, who had carpal tunnel surgery last Thursday, and I went and got pedicures Saturday morning. There's no one I'd rather have next to me as someone sloughs dead skin off my heels than my mom. She doesn't gross out over it like friends would. It was my early birthday treat to her. What else do you get for someone that you've been giving gifts to for 38 years?

Saw my sweet nieces this weekend. Jaden pretended she was a dog and peed on my leg. Lorrin and I had a belching contest (I won). Nikkole and I went to see Nacho Libre. The sacrifices we make for the kids we love, huh?

Also saw the grandfolks. Granny's been sick for the past month and it pains me to see her age so suddenly and so severely. By the way, she turns 79 this summer. Next summer we're having a 180th birthday celebration for the three of us. I hope Granny live until then.

Isn't that morbid? I could kick myself for writing that. This year she and Gramps have just really suffered some major health issues and their mortality has never been so obvious. I worry about how my mom and dad will cope with the responsibilities of their ailing health. I know they'll do fine. But that's a shitload of worry to burden. I at least am thankful that I'm healthier so that I can be there for my parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moms kick ass. Well I hope Granny lives too.

Pffft! And that's not morbid. My Amazing Aunt Tammy (now 93 I think) and I were discussing one Christmas about the smashing sales after Christmas. The subject of cards came up and how you can buy 'em for a song after the season, but she confessed that she didn't bother to buy any.

ME: Well why not?

AMAZING AUNT TAMMY: Cuz I might not be around next Christmas; no sense in wasting money.

ME: Aunt Tammy!