I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Diamonds on the souls of my shoes

I wiggled my ass yesterday with 4,000 people around me.

We saw Paul Simon at Summerfest last night. I always look forward to concerts, but have this horrible feeling of dread at the same time. I am afraid of disappointment. I've been to enough concerts by enough big names and have been thoroughly let down by the shows. I walk out feeling like I'd have been better off listing to their latest $14.99 CD for a couple hours rather than spending upwards of $75 for a decent seat.

But this concert was no where near a disappointment. He sounded marvelous. His band was unbelievable. He played for 2 hours nonstop. And every song was dead on.

I love going to concerts and hearing a well known song played. And last night it was like standing in the presence of a god. He strummed through Mrs. Robinson and jammed through Me & Julio, and I felt like I had this privilege to hear it live.

I know, I'm gushing. But this guy is a freakin' legend and it was worth the $60 ticket. Yes, ONLY $60 and that included admission to the festival.

So, yes, I did shake my ass and didn't care who saw it. Watching people parade back and forth in entirely size and age inappropriate clothing made me realize that I ain't too shabby myself. I think I'd confidently put myself smack dab in the middle of normal.

And this morning not a bone in my body hurts from the miles of walking and hours of standing. Summer of '06 is gonna ROCK!

1 comment:

bye said...

I love Paul! I am so jealous!

You deserve many, many, many, many good times this summer and always.

Isn't is so amazing to be able to groove and move with ease (of bod and mind) ~ rock on my sistuh!