I CHOOSE

...to love myself.
...to treat myself gently, with patience and respect.
...to accept responsibility for every aspect of my life.

...to be present, awake, aware.
...to be open to possibility.
...to leap with the intention of landing.
...to do amazing things.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Plateau

It was bound to happen at some point: a major plateau in the downward spiral of my weightloss.

I've weighed the same weight, give or take a pound or two up and down, for 3 weeks. And right now I'm on the upside of that low point.










The surprising thing is that I'm not really freaking out about it. I suppose it's because my body looks thinner than it ever has before and my clothes continue to grow bigger.

Unfortunately, though, it doesn't look like I'm going to hit my next landmark weight as I had hoped in time for my new driver's license on Friday. I so wanted my weight to be under a certain point.

And then there's the whole moral dilemma: do I put down my current weight or put down the weight I want to be? Not that there's anything wrong with my current weight. I've never had a driver's license that read under 195, and even that was a lie when I was 16. So there's nothing to be ashamed of. But I wonder if I were to fudge the pounds a bit, say, just 5 or 7 fewer, would it make me work harder to lose them? Maybe. I don't know.

I've hardly had to work at all the last 10 months to lose weight. I suppose the honeymoon may soon be coming to an end. Stop complaining, right? Get off your ass and exercise or something. Just don't put another flippin' cracker in the former pie hole!

4 comments:

Dena said...

Are you kidding??? I thought EVERYONE lied about their weight on their Driver's license! ha ha haaaa!

Lauren C said...

Dena is right - no one puts down their real weight. And does it really matter what you put down? If you put it down 5 less it doesn't change the facts about who you are now - and you'll always know what the real # is. If you put down 5 lbs more than you are you'll look at it and say - I know that's wrong - I know what it really is. The only difference is what gets printed on the card - and that's still better than it used to be, am I right? Keep up your spirts and keep bloging - your openness is very inspiring me to me. Thanks and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Put down the weight you want to be, and make that your goal weight! That has been my strategy for a long time, and I made it there - once! Now, I am trying to reach it again.

Donna said...

Hey there, just wanted to leave a note after I found your blog. I'm currently pursuing Weight Loss Surgery, and appreciate you sharing about your experience.